Clinical Health Psychologist
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology)
- Graduate Diploma (Counselling Psychology)
- Masters of Psychology (Health)
- Postgraduate Social Work Degree (University of Melbourne)
Maria has over 10 years of experience in private practice and hospital settings. She works from a health coaching approach to help people adjust or recover from, chronic health conditions or injuries in order to strive to reach their full potential. Maria works in a gentle, genuine, compassionate, creative, and empowering way, using evidence-based approaches tailored to each client.
Maria predominantly works from an eclectic combination of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, mindfulness, lifestyle approaches and nature-based modalities, walking therapy, combined with elements of art therapy and animal-assisted therapy.
Maria enjoys treating individuals with mental health conditions (depression, anxiety, trauma, etc), chronic medical conditions (pain, disturbed eating, grief, interpersonal anxiety, etc), and injuries, in high achieving/highly sensitive individuals who are creative and/or athletic. This includes artists, performers of all types, musicians, and professional athletes, defence force personnel, medical and health professionals, teachers, executives and professionals, business leaders or entrepreneurs, finance professionals and talented students. She works across the age range/gender and has achieved with clients at state, national and international levels, in addition to supporting developing aspiring talented individuals.
- Psychology Board of Australia (AHPRA) – Health Endoresement
- Full Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- APS College of Health Psychologists (CoHP)
- Registered with medicare and other third parties
- Vicfit Fitness Instructor Training
TALK TO Maria OR ONE OF OUR PSYCHOLOGISTS TODAY
Start your journey to achieving optimal health, wellbeing and potential. Let us help you get your life back on track or create the life you want.