- BS (Communications)
- Grad Dip (Psych)
- Hons (Psych)
- MPP (Psych)
David is a psychologist interested in working with people from adolescence through to adulthood. His delivery style is based on observation, listening, reflection and establishing healthy relationships. At all times, he aims to be a secure base from which his clients can explore their inner lives and instinctively feel unconditionally cared for.
David uses evidence-based practices to help clients understand themselves better, so that they can ease, and ultimately self-manage, the unnecessary suffering in their lives. He seeks to do this by assisting clients to see themselves as a system within a broader system, and to promote a greater sense of self-compassion.
David has a 25+ year background in professional sport – as an athlete and in roles of athlete welfare and support. His approach blends the art and science of psychology with his experiences in elite sport. He meets athletes at their point of need to reduce the gap between athletic aspiration and achievement.
David provides a warm, considered, and collaborative style to his therapeutic practice and is available on Tuesday and Thursday.
Clinical Interest Areas:
- Anxiety (general, social, performance)
- Stress (general life & workplace)
- Performance & Wellbeing Psychology
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Mindfulness, Breathing and Relaxation Strategies (MBSR)
- Athletes, Coaches, Artists, Musicians